A Career with Us
Throughout our three decades we have built a team that provides first-class service and unparalleled expertise to our agency partners and their insureds. As we expand into new markets and product lines, we are continuously looking to also expand our team of professionals. Our culture is one of innovation, teamwork and fostering individual growth. Send us a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and we will contact you at our earliest convenience.
Genesee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state or local laws providing employment opportunities.
LOCATION: COLORADO OFFICE
JOB TITLE: Underwriter – P & C Assistant
- Process renewals, including soliciting brokerage accounts, quoting and updating a renewal list
- Issue binders, policies and endorsements
- Communicate with agents and carriers, including meeting with carriers on occasion.
- Document files in management system with correspondence and notes of conversations
- Follow up for information/documents as needed using tasks/reminders in management systems
- Report Claims
- Process DNOC’s and Reinstatements
- Occasionally back up the front desk/reception as needed.
- Strong customer service skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Insurance background and/or 2 years’ experience preferred
LOCATION: NORTH CAROLINA OFFICE
JOB TITLE: Underwriter – P & C
- Negotiating writing new business accounts and maintaining renewal business with production goals.
- Marketing and building relationships with agents to build a book of business.
- Develop and maintain connections with the carrier underwriters to assist in the negotiation of accounts.
- Understand underwriting guidelines and methods established by our carriers.
- Advanced knowledge of the Property and Casualty market, coverages, underwriters, etc. Some travel may be required.
- Computer skills to include Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to multi-task, meet critical deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Places emphasis on time management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish working relationships with customers, carriers and underwriting team.
- Attention to Detail, Organizational skills, Willingness to take on challenges
- Minimum 1 year E & S binding authority experience. Will require to be licensed within 90 days of hire
LOCATION: NORTH CAROLINA OFFICE
JOB TITLE: Marketing Representative
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Identify new agency partners and develop and maintain the business relationships with those partners
- Attend independent agency functions and conventions throughout the state
- Collaborate with underwriting staff to promote Genesee General to contracted and prospective agencies.
- The ability to meet an expected number of agency calls, understand agency contracts and licensing, and maintain a solid working knowledge of the underwriting process and carrier underwriting appetites.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Self -Disciplined
- Critical thinking and good judgement to quickly determine and prioritize key issues
- Meeting Facilitation Skills: Ability to professionally conduct large group meetings
LOCATION: Alpharetta Office
JOB TITLE: Surplus Lines Compliance Assistant
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to data entry of State transactional submissions
- Maintenance in management system for agency/agent license database
- Reconciliation of reports to states on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Issuance of payment to states
- Assisting in tax compliance issues as well as being able to provide staff with timely and correct surplus lines guidance on an as need basis.
- Must have experience with Excel and data entry; must be able to work independently with specific established deadlines
- Must be flexible in regards to day to day duties based on needs of department
- Must have excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Self Disciplined; Critical thinking and good judgement to quickly determine and prioritize key issues
- Research on as needed new surplus lines laws as well as be willing to research information that might not be readily available.
PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Surplus Lines Taxes/Compliance experience
- Knowledge of AIM (Agency Information Manager) Program